Batley Baptist Church was organized August 24, 1924 when the Rev. Cleve Martin and J.F. Dagley called an organizational meeting of the Baptist people of the Batley community. Before this time, the Baptists of the community were holding services with Methodists of Mt. Tabor Methodist Church. That association dissolved and Methodists moved to the Donovan community.
A member, W.A. Galbraith, deeded the community Baptists two and three-fourths acres of land on Clinton, Rt. 5. The Rev. H.C. Wilson was the first pastor of Batley Baptist Church. In October 1924, the church ordained its first deacons, Jett and C.C. Whedbee. Over the years, the church was meeting on Batley Road, Clinton, Rt. 5. A building committee composed of church members met in July 1955 and decided to construct another church building. The old church building was torn down and construction began one month later at the site where the old church had stood. Until construction was completed on the new building, church members held services in an old building behind the construction site. A fellowship hall was added later.
A new sanctuary was completed and dedicated in 2004 at which time the previous sanctuary was converted to additional Sunday school rooms. In 2010, a multi-purpose family life center was constructed.